Want to quilt your own quilts? We now have a Handi Quilter “Simply Sixteen” longarm on a “Little Foot” frame available for you to rent in our shop.
It’s not that scary to use, in fact it’s a lot of fun! Why not pop in & ask for a demo? Just ask for “Long Neck Sally”, yes that’s her name!
It’s available 7 days a week when we don’t have a class or weekday evenings by appointment. (Vanessa will be in the shop sewing if you need help)
If you have not used a longarm before, you will need to complete an introductory class first on how to operate the machine.
We also have a special introductory offer to help you kick start your first long-arm quilting project….We have partnered with northern Tasmanian Quilter Danelle Griffin to offer a great add-in session to your first long-arm hire.
Danelle will join you for the first hour of your machine hire booking to guide you through selecting your quilting design and getting that first stitching done on your quilt.
- The cost to hire:
- $55 for one session (up to 3 hours – quilt a small quilt)
- Include a 1hr “start-up” session with Danelle for just $15 extra.
- or you can pre-buy your time allocation to use over a 6 month period in blocks:
- $145 for 8 hours (complete a large quilt)
- $245 for 14 hours (you’ll complete a few projects with this time allocation)
- $340 for 20 hours.
Remember, if you don’t want to quilt your project yourself, we can finish it for you (depending on design) or there are other longarm quilters in northern Tasmania who do beautiful work that we are happy to recommend.